Aahhh… Another year has passed us by! And since this is my year-ender blog post, please allow me to take a few moments to reflect on the year that was: 2011. And how do I propose to do that? By listing
SOME OF THE THINGS I WASTED AND MADE THE MOST OUT OF IN 2011. 😉
1. Money – I think half of which was spent on MILK TEA!!! So this coming 2012, I’m sooo going on a milk tea fast — NOT! Hahaha! Adik lang! @_@
Another proof? Two words: Juju Cleanse.
Don’t get me wrong… A LOT of people have said good things about this cleanse, and why shouldn’t they? After all, it’s REEAAALLLLYYYYY good for the body. But if only I had known that I’d be feeling sick and close to puking while I was on my third bottle, I never would’ve spent Php2,500 for six “juicified” veggies that I was required to finish ALL IN ONE DAY! FAIL!!! But then again, that’s just me. To each his own, people! I repeat, TO. EACH. HIS. OWN. 🙂
2. The first five months of my *new* gym membership – reference on #1: milk tea = heaps and heaps of CALORIES!!! And BOOM! Just like that, another “health project” went down the drain… Gaaah~ (I sooo hope this changes for the better in 2012! Paaak!)
3. Time spent on social-networking sites – Facebook, Twitter, you name it! — but not WordPress — hmm… no, definitely NOT WordPress! Haha! But you know, BALANCE is always the key — and I just think I went a little “out of balance” when it comes to my social-networking activities in 2011. 😐
Made The Most Out Of:
1. B-L-O-G-G-I-N-G. I’ve already mentioned SEVERAL times that I call 2011 my “blogging year.” Yay WordPress! And did I reach my goal to have 10,000 hits before the year ends? CHECK!!! But seriously, you’re already reading it… do I really have to say more?
Oh yeah, I do have one more thing to say: I, THANK YOU! 😛
2. Driving skills – Makati? Check! MOA? Ay nakooo, kahit yata nakapikit keri ko! Chos! Pero syempre, CHECK! Nagtahan-Sta. Mesa-Tomas Morato? Check! Taft Avenue? Check! EDSA? Check! Check!! Check!!! Next year, SLEX naman! Wahahahaha! (Disclaimer: I said “driving,” NOT “parking.” There’s a BIG difference, yah know?)
3. “Family and Friends” time – First, my niece turned ONE and had the awesome-est kiddie party evah!!! And then she also traveled for the FIRST TIME. 😀 Second, most of my weekends were JAM-PACKED. And third? Milk tea date here, movie date there, just any kind of “date” (actually) everywhere. Yun nga lang, puro FRIENDLY dates ah. Waleeyyy man lang “romantic date” kahit isa! Tsk, tsk, tsk. 😛
Ah basta, I LOVE YAH MI FAMILIA Y MI AMIGOS!!! Mwah.
4. Graduate school – I’m already done with ALL of my coursework! Yay meee! Next step: comprehensive exam PLUS thesis! Yiiikes me! 😦
And there you have it. But wait… please keep on reading…
Before you decide to move on to that more important site (whatever that is) you have to set your eyes on, I have ONLY ONE request for you: please don’t finish reading this blog entry without watching the following video. PLEASE WATCH IT. I promise your nine minutes and 56 seconds will truly be WORTH IT. 🙂
(Thanks to my Idol Patty [Laurel] for “introducing” this video to me.)
This coming year, let’s make it a point to be more GRATEFUL. Everyday.
But that’s not all…
I think each of us can also learn a thing or two from (the movie) New Year’s Eve‘s Ingrid:
This coming year, I also dare ALL OF US to be AMAZED!!! I don’t know… be amazed by EATING. TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS. PRAYING. TRAVELING. LOVING. WRITING. Actually, ANYTHING. As long as you get to have your own interpretation of the word “AMAZING,” do it! Just. be. amazed! 😀
Then again, if I got to have my very own “Paul” (a.k.a. Zac Efron)…
…I think I’d be amazed enough! But GOOD LUCK with that! Hahaha!
Now, how’s that for New-Year’s-resolutions-gone-short-and-vague? — ano daaaw? =))
HAPPY 2012 TO Y’ALL!!!
Remember, BE GRATEFUL and BE AMAZED. ♥
2011, signing off…
P.S: To spice things up a little bit, I decided to work on a “special project” for THIS blog come 2012! So, watch for that!!! Clue: if you love adventure, culture, food, and lots and lots of photos, then I can’t wait for YOU to read all about it (or them)! Who knows? That can be the start of your “be amazed” resolution! Teehee – heehee with a capital “T” — isa pang clue ‘yan! 😉